Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Dog with a Nose for a Book


When I propped Follow the Dog Home up next to Beverly, my goal was just to show her in the same frame as the book.  It was purely a marketing attempt.  My wife, Jean, saw it as something different.  She thought it looked like Beverly was reading the book.  That's one of the things I like about photography: people see different things in the same thing. When I look at it now, it looks like her nose is keeping the book up, almost like a holder with a football on a field goal attempt.  The story behind the picture is this:  this is the only picture of many I took that didn't come out blurry.  Beverly paused for just that split second that enabled me to get a still shot.  It came by accident, and I'm glad it did.  Beverly, if you don't know, is the dog we followed home--thus the book title: Follow the Dog Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment