Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dogs and Pajama Parties


Pajama Party with Beverly
and Walsh girls

Is there any happier animal on earth in the morning than dogs? Sure their bladders are as full as ours, but it hardly zaps their zest for living. I need a cup of coffee or two before I'm even close to thinking I'm happy to start the day. If early morning is the time to be grumpy, it's a clock dogs don't bother to read.

I remember several years ago when tennis ace Andre Agassi was going through a rough patch in his life. He had just been divorced from Brooke Shields and his play suffered mightily. Then he got a dog and his attitude became sunnier. He told an interviewer, "I wake up and look at that puppy and he's just happy to be alive. I want to be like a puppy."

Sure it's goofy, but there's a lot to be said for that. If we can have a fraction of that same joy for life, life would be a whole lot better. It's up to us to manufacture it. My girls and a houseguest woke up to an early morning movie and (visiting dog) Annie kisses. I've got a bowl of Rice Krispies and I'm on my first cup of Joe as I watch it unfold. I have a busy day ahead. If it gets crappy at any point, I'll think of the morning pajama party!

How does your dog make your morning better? Share a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment